Being a bread lover myself, Focaccia bread is easily one of my favorites.
The trick to Focaccia Bread is letting it rest 1-3 days in the refrigerator. You can make it within 3-4 hours…. but this recipe is for the BEST focaccia bread!
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 4 cups of bread flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- rosemary leaves
- In a large bowl, whisk together salt, yeast and lukewarm water.
- Let this mixture set for about 15 minutes, until frothy.
- Add flour and mix with a spatula. (or you can use the dough hook attachment on an electric mixer). Mix until fully incorporated.
- Using olive oil, grease a large glass bowl.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place into the oiled glass bowl.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel and place in the refrigerator for the next 24 – 36 hours (mine only rested for 24, but it can for up to 3 days).
- With olive oil, grease a 9×13 glass pan.
- Deflate and remove dough from glass bowl by pulling the edges towards the center. Make a rough ball and place into greased 9×13 glass pan. Grease the dough ball fully with olive oil, cover with a damp cloth and let rest at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Dip tips of fingers in olive oil (makes it easier to make the dimples without the dough sticking). Make those dimples in the dough, thinning out towards the edges of the pan.
- Rub oil on the top, sprinkle with coarse salt and rosemary leaves.
- Place pan on middle rack and let bake for 25-30 minutes.
- I recommend removing from pan when done and letting cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Cut, and Enjoy!
Check out the bread oil recipe below!
Focaccia Bread Oil Dip
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Put all ingredients into a mason jar, tighten the lid.
- Shake it up!
- Enjoy a yummy oil dip/spread with your Focaccia Bread!